Below are some basic steps to prevent your banking information from being compromised.
- Never let your banking card out of your sight when conducting a transaction at a point-of-sale terminal. Always remember to take your banking card and transaction record with you once your transaction is complete.
- Be careful when a clerk takes your card and swipes it for you. Pay attention that it is not swiped more than once through the machine.
- Always shield your PIN when conducting transactions at an ATM or at a point-of-sale terminal.
- Your banking card and PIN are the keys to your account(s). Never disclose your PIN to anyone. You are the only person who should know it.
- Make sure you shred personal and financial documents before putting them in the garbage.
- Periodically check your credit reports, bank and credit card statements and report any irregularities promptly to the relevant financial institution and to the credit bureaus.
- For further detail please visit your banking institution or their website.